- 3rd Conference of the International Society for NonParametric Statistics
- June 11th-16th, 2016 Palace of the Popes International Conference Center Avignon, France
The International Society for NonParametric Statistics (ISNPS) was founded by Michael Akritas, Soumendra Lahiri and Dimitris Politis in 2010 with the mission "to foster the research and practice of nonparametric statistics, and to promote the dissemination of new developments in the field via conferences, books and journal publications."
The nature of ISNPS is uniquely global, and its international conferences are designed to facilitate the exchange of ideas and latest advances among researchers from all around the world in cooperation with established statistical societies such as the Institute of Mathematical Statistics (IMS) and the International Statistical Institute (ISI).
Nonprofit Incorporation and Bylaws
- Executive Committee (1/1/2013 - )
- Council (1/1/2016 - 12/31/2019)
- Advisory Committee (1/1/2012 - )
- Charting Committee (1/1/2012 - 12/31/2015)
Y.R. Awards, Travel Grants, and Organizational Grants
At the Avignon conference ISNPS awarded six Young Researchers awards (each of 400 Euro plus reduced registration fee), and sixteen Travel Grants (of $500 each). The Y.R. awardees are listed here, and the Travel awardees here. In addition, we have instituted Organizational Grants to honor the conference organizers.
ISNPS Sponsored Conferences and Workshops
- First Conference of the International Society for NonParametric Statistics. Chalkidiki, Northern Greece, June 15-19, 2012.
- Second Conference of the International Society for NonParametric Statistics. Cádiz, Spain. June 12-16, 2014.
- ISNPS2015 Workshop. Graz, Austria. July 12-15, 2015.
- Third Conference of the International Society for NonParametric Statistics. Avignon, France. June 11-16, 2016.