- 3rd Conference of the International Society for NonParametric Statistics
- June 11th-16th, 2016
Palace of the Popes International Conference Center
Young Researchers Awards
The International Society for NonParametric Society, the chair “New Challenges for New Data” and the ANR (Agence Nationale de la Recherche) offer six MOBILITY GRANTS, awarded to PhD students, post-docs and young researchers (less than 2 years after the phD) presenting a contributed paper in the 3rd ISNPS Conference.
The privileged topics will be those related to the the conference and research projects of the chair namely topics in non-parametric statistics, including complex data, high-dimensional data (functions, images, matrices) and statistical learning. The grant includes the registration fees (reduced early fee) and the reimbursement of the transportation and accommodation costs limited to a maximum of 400 euros per candidates on the basis of invoices (transport and hotel bills).
The chair “New Challenges for New Data” is a research program of CREST (Center of Research in Economics and Statistics) that is part of the French public institution of higher education Genes (Groupe des Ecoles Nationales d’Economie et Statistique). The research program is hosted by the Institut Louis Bachelier and benefits from the financial support of LCL, a leading French retail bank from the Crédit Agricole Group.
ANR provides funding for project-based research in all fields of science - for both basic and applied research - to public research organisations and universities, as well as to private companies (including SMEs). Employing a method based on competitive peer reviews compliant with international standards, ANR provides the scientific community with instruments and programmes promoting creativity and openness, and stimulate new ideas and partnerships, particularly between academia and industry. Its activity also contributes to enhancing the competitiveness and the influence of French research in Europe and across the world.
Laureates of the Avignon ISNPS Young researchers Awards
- Gabriela Ciolek (AGH University and Paris-Ouest University)
- Eliana Christou (Statistics Department, Pennsylvania State University)
- Jessica Gronsbell (Harward University)
- Edward Kennedy (Perelman School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania)
- Ester Mariucci (Université Joseph Fourier, Grenoble)
- Mai The Tien (CREST-ENSAE)
Scientific committee of the competition
- Denis Allard, INRA-Avignon
- Patrice Bertail, Université Paris-Ouest
- Antoine Chambaz, Université Paris-Ouest
- Delphine Blanke, Université d'Avignon
- Arnak Dalayan, CREST-ENSAE
- Magalie Fromont-Renoir, Université de Rennes II
- Eric Matzner-Lober, CEPE
- Valentin Patilea, CREST-ENSAI, Rennes
- Philippe Soulier, Université Paris-Ouest
- Vincent Rivoirard, Université Paris Dauphine et SFDS
- Olivier Wintenberger, Université de Copenhague